Ah, the City of Angels! The warm fine weather, the sights & sounds, the night life, HOLLYWOOD – some of the best reasons why one should explore Los Angeles!
The warm sunshine that showers all over the city make it a great place for touristic activities. You can visit Universal Studios, Disneyland, and the Hollywood Walk of Fame. A relaxing time at LA’s splendid beaches is also a fine idea.
Los Angeles is California’s largest city with a population of over 16 million, and is home to a bunch of famous Hollywood stars and other celebrities.
LA is indeed a very nice place for fun and pleasure. It is safe to say that most travelers have LA written on their bucket list. However, be warned and cautious of the dangers of big LA city life. It’s not that dangerous on the other hand, every traveler just needs a little research and self-awareness.
If you’re headed to LA anytime soon, consider these travel safety tips to enjoy all that Los Angeles has to offer.
Where to Visit
While LA is notorious for gang violence, there are still plenty of great places to visit in the city. The tourism industry in LA is centered in Hollywood and nightlife, so visiting tourist spots like Hollywood Walk of Fame, Dolby Theatre, Cinerama Dome, Madame Tussauds Hollywood and Third Street Promenade are a must. However these places can be crowded with tourists, so if you are not comfortable being around a lot of people, you can check out: North Valleyheart Riverwalk, Décor Art Galleries, Pinz Bowling, Marina del Rey Beach and Franklin Canyon Park.
Your LA experience will not be complete if you do not visit Universal Studio Tours. Kind of touristy, but everything is interactive, so you won’t get bored. You get to visit four acres of land used for studio productions and visit sets from War of the Worlds, Jaws, King Kong, and more.
Downtown LA is safe during the day. But during night time, various areas are covered in darkness and these places are left empty – only people with criminal intention stay. Avoid neighboring areas such as Boyle Heights, Pico-Union, and Westlake. Also, if you want to visit places in Downtown at night, don’t walk alone or even if you have company. It is safer to stroll around Los Angeles in a private vehicle rather than walking or commuting. If you don’t have a car, try renting one from a car rental company like DriveNow car hire in Los Angeles.
Tips for Your Personal Safety While Enjoying Los Angeles
- As much as possible, just carry a fair amount of cash – just enough for your daily expenses.
- Secure your wallet and devices by putting them in your front pockets.
- Always look out for strangers acting weird around you. Don’t fall for anyone who’s creating a diversion or making a scene.
- Do away with jewelry and simply wear comfortable clothes since the weather is hot in LA.
- Pay particular attention while withdrawing money from ATMs. Also, watch out for your belongings, especially when you’re seated at restaurant patios and terraces.
- Watch out for thieves lurking near tourist attractions such as museums, restaurants, hotels, beaches, etc. If somebody tries to attack you and steal your bag, let them go and never dare stop these crooks. Just go to the nearest police station and report the incident.
Ready to explore Los Angeles? The tips above will surely make your visit unforgettable.